I Believe the 2x2s are a Dangerous, Satanic Cult.
I believe the 2x2 religion of the overseers, workers and friends is a Satanic cult.
2 Corinthians 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Children Take After Their Parents
Children take after their parents. This is a well known fact. Children resemble their parents. Jesus Christ used this analogy:
1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Satan has Ministers
The word "his ministers" (in bold) refers to Satan's Ministers. As in "Therefore it is no great thing if Satan's ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness..." I do believe the workers are Satan's ministers because they:
Paul was aware of Satan's ministers in his day, but knew they were sinners like everyone else and would go to hell if they didn't believe in Jesus Christ and repent of their sins.
- claim to be the only true apostles of Jesus Christ,
- they preach a different gospel that is not in the Bible
- their fruit is evil
- the overseers believe Jesus Christ is not good (as Jesus Christ used the word "good" in Luke 18:19
- they believe Jesus Christ should not be worshiped as God even though the disciples worshiped Jesus Christ. (Jesus Christ accepted worship, see Mat 14:33, Mat 15:25, Mat 28:9, Mat 28:17, Mar 5:6, Luk 24:52, John 9:38
Why a Cult and not just an Organization?
- Their followers cling to the organization more than to God or to anything they represent. I don't believe that they believe in God. If you find out their beliefs and try to find them in the Bible, they don't exist. Their fundamentals are homeless ministry (never taught as commandment to all preachers) and meetings in the home (was not a commandment of God). The beliefs they do have are twisted interpretations of scripture. In fact, they have beliefs and try to twist scripture to support them. It's all about the cult, not about God or the Bible.
- People who leave the organization and become Christians may be slandered, accused of having "lost out", or are "starting another church". They don't seem to care about the individual or their welfare, or telling the truth, just about the 2x2 group. It's all about the cult movement, not about the welfare of the individual
- They have a fixation on belonging to the group more than a relationship with God. They fear being kicked out, excommunicated or "not fitting in" and the workers "having a talk" with them. It's all about fearing the cult and not fearing God.
- Even when followers discover that the overseers, workers and people are teaching lies and have or are committing crimes, they still support the group. They may omit information, speak in guile or outright lie to justify their continued involvement.
- Even though some are wanting fellowship, love and care, they will not leave the cult to join in fellowship with Christians.
- Cult members do not fellowship with Christians. The 2x2 overseers and workers are not in conference with evangelists of any denomination and they despise Christians. They may go to other church services to look good and make people think otherwise about their beliefs, but their actions show their real beliefs. It is their way or no way at all.
Reasons Why I Believe It is Dangerous
- Leads you to hell. The after the second resurrection is the judgment. After that is hell and the second death. And after that hell is destroyed. If getting trapped in a house fire is dangerous, how much more dangerous is the second death?
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Missing out on eternal life. Since you have the potential to live as happy person in Christ, and someone deceives you, how dangerous do you classify this deception? Regretting all the things you did because of the influence of cult members would be horrible for you.
- Workers have threatened people that "there will be "consequences" if you leave the cult. I was threatened this way by a worker after asking questions he didn't like. This intimidation and threatening causes emotional damage that can ruing people and affect the rest of their lives. Emotional and psychological damage is dangerous.
- Identity of many 2x2s is wrapped up in the religion's workers. Many only feel good about themselves if the workers approve of them.
- Suicide. Many people have become depressed because of attending meetings by workers who make people feel horrible, without hope and worthless if they don't keep attending meetings. Even one of their own high-standing, prized workers Percy Watkins committed suicide under the employ of their for-profit religious leader Ben Crompton and companions to Peter Liddle who claimed at Percy's funeral that ~Jesus Christ said about himself that he was not good. After a huge fuss was made about the false teaching, Peter Liddle acknowledged that it had indeed misquoted Jesus Christ. How anyone could go so far as to say Jesus Christ is not good, especially one who makes their money at a religious business, is beyond me.
- Damaged health - people trying to adhere to the overseers twisted teachings on Matthew 10 have had nervous breakdowns, lost body parts, gotten diseased, nearly frozen to death, emotional distress, irritable bowel syndrome, post traumatic stress syndrome, hair loss, hand tremors, "nerves" etc. Anything that causes these things is dangerous to the emotional, physical and mental well being of a person. Many who leave suffer Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
- Child Sexual Abuse - children molested by workers and overseers. Overseers have covered up child sexual abuse by workers and elders and permitted these workers to go and live in the homes of people with children and have not notified the parents. Workers have covered up child pornography of elders. How hateful is that to destroy children's lives?
- Difficult Recovery - it takes years of time to recover from having been raised in the cult and been a worker. If getting pneumonia is dangerous, because it takes months to recover, how much more dangerous is the cult because it takes many years to recover from and affects your heart, mind, body and soul, job, ability to work, health, friends and family?
- Destroyed Marriages - cult members destroy marriages through gossip, maliciously telling lies about people and tearing apart relationships in order to promote the cult. How dangerous do you consider something that would destroy your marriage?
- Coverup - cult members have failed to report child sexual abuse and workers have sexually abused children. How dangerous to children are child sexual abusers who call themselves the "only true servants of God" and teach this to children? Is it any wonder some 2x2 children become atheists and want nothing to do with God?
- Evil Influence - their duplicity and lack of morals is especially dangerous when people become yoked with them in business, marriage or fellowship. They cannot be trusted because their own will is their God and not the Bible. Who knows what they will do and justify in God's name?
- Pernicious - delay between belief of lies and resulting consequences is delayed and makes diagnosis of bondage and depression hard to diagnosis. If you put your hand on a hot plate and burn it, you immediately know the cause of your pain. But people raised in the cult and who are slowly drawn into it have great difficulty identifying the cause of their pain.
- Deceptive - the simple appearance of the cult to ignorant outsiders who are being targeted, and the love-bombing of the cult makes it easy to discard the red flags of their vague and guileful answers to important initial honest questions. To me this shows that their intent is to buy the person and bribe them with food, attention and affection. This initial good treatment fades when a person professes. Thereafter they become used and abused.
- Mind Control - the lies that they teach and the logic they use to manipulate people and control their thinking is damaging and has long term influence on a person and their quality of life
- Circular reasoning - The workers practice circular reasoning. When followers subscribe to their beliefs and idolize the workers, their thinking is messed with and they find escape from the cult difficult or impossible and hopeless because their thinking is messed up and goes around in circles.
- Systematic Teaching - the systematic teaching through insinuation causes widespread, pernicious, evil beliefs throughout the organization. Some people trying to talk with fellow cult members will run into beliefs similar to the workers and find it hard to break free from circular reasoning because so many people have been affected.
- Lies - the horrible lies that 2x2 religious leaders have made about other religions to discourage members from seeking reprieve or comfort with members of a church have led to many bad choices by people who trusted the workers. Many former members of the 2x2 religion who leave the cult have issues with trusting other people.
- Behavioral Control - Workers and their followers control others' behaviors through their expressions and phrases that are designed and calculated and shutting people down when they are asking questions. The behavioral control works on a level that is difficult for people to put into words and delays people's escape from the cult. It can make them feel guilty about asking honest questions.
Which is More Dangerous?
If you had a jar of poison in a box marked "poison" and another jar of poison on the food shelf labeled "vitamins", then which jar would you classify as more dangerous to kids? Obviously the jar of poison labeled "vitamins" would be more likely to cause harm because people are not suspecting it and are more likely to eat it than the jar labeled "poison". In the same manner, I am trying to warn people about the dangerous cult that their overseers believe is the only way to heaven.
Who are 2x2s|
Meetings in Homes
William Irvine 2x2 Founder
Roman Catholic Church
Kept From You
Are 2x2s Christians?
Why This Website
Who Is Going to Hell
From Cult to Jesus Christ
Blessings after Faith
2x2s in News
Recent 2x2 News
Don't Go to Meetings
Please Talk to me
The Narrow Way
Ever wonder about