The Law and Laws of God
Many people are confused about the law (in general). There are many laws mentioned in the Bible, so a distinction needs to be made about which law a person is talking about. Here are some scriptures from the Bible which have helped me. Also, there are laws, commandments, statutes and ordinances.
List of Some Laws in Bible
- Lev_6:9 Command Aaron and his sons, saying, This is the law of the burnt offering: It is the burnt offering, because of the burning upon the altar all night unto the morning, and the fire of the altar shall be burning in it.
- Lev_6:14 And this is the law of the meat offering: the sons of Aaron shall offer it before the LORD, before the altar.
- Lev_6:25 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the LORD: it is most holy.
- Lev_7:1 Likewise this is the law of the trespass offering: it is most holy.
- Lev_7:11 And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the LORD.
- Lev_7:37 This is the law of the burnt offering, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings;
- Lev_11:46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:
- Lev_13:59 This is the law of the plague of leprosy in a garment of woollen or linen, either in the warp, or woof, or any thing of skins, to pronounce it clean, or to pronounce it unclean.
- Lev_14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
- Lev_14:32 This is the law of him in whom is the plague of leprosy, whose hand is not able to get that which pertaineth to his cleansing.
- Lev_14:57 To teach when it is unclean, and when it is clean: this is the law of leprosy.
- Lev_15:32 This is the law of him that hath an issue, and of him whose seed goeth from him, and is defiled therewith;
- Num_5:29 This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
- Num_6:13 And this is the law of the Nazarite, when the days of his separation are fulfilled: he shall be brought unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:
- Jos_8:32 And he wrote there upon the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he wrote in the presence of the children of Israel.
- Jos_24:26 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God, and took a great stone, and set it up there under an oak, that was by the sanctuary of the LORD.
- 2Ch_31:3 He appointed also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, to wit, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as it is written in the law of the LORD.
- Pro_1:8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
- Pro_6:20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
- Pro_31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
- Isa_30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
- Eze_43:12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.
- Mal_2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
- Act_25:8 While he answered for himself, Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all.
- Rom_3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
- Rom_7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
- Rom_7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
- Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
- Rom_9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
- Gal_6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
- Eph_2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
- Heb_7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
- Jas_1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- Jas_2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
The Law is Perfect, We are Not
Psa_19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The Law Does not Make Us Perfect
Heb_7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
The Sacrifices of the Law Cannot Make us Perfect
Heb_10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
What does make us perfect? The perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ makes us perfect through faith in God. God's work in us makes us perfect.
The Law of Liberty
Jas_1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.
Distinction Between Law and Ordinances
Exo_18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.
Ten Commandments - Home|
Keep 10 Commandments
Faith in God
3rd Commandment - Vanity
4th Commandment - Sabbath
5th Commandment - Honor
Sabbath and 2x2s