Teenagers in the 2x2 Religion
Being a teenager in the 2x2 religion is very difficult. Growing today is hard enough even without all the workers' rules and hypocritical teachings. Plus teens have pressure from professing parents who think they're doing God a service with imposing the workers' rules.
Teens in the 2x2 religion have workers who vary from year to year. That means changing enforcement of rules and a change in personalities to please. Professing teenagers have the workers' varying interpretations of the Bible. Teens also have the friends' take on what the worker's said during meetings. It's a mess. Couldn't someone come up with the idea of just loving God with all your heart, or is that too simple?
The only thing that is stable is God. And thankfully the Bible. But another problem - trying to read the Bible when all that fills your mind is the workers preaching from all those meetings.
Genesis is for Teens
For you teenagers who want to know God, I recommend the first book the Bible: Genesis. And read it, mixing what you read with faith. Genesis is the first book of the Bible for a good reason. It tells of God as Creator. Fortunately workers don't talk much on that. It tells how God's awesome power and authority He spoke heaven and earth into existence. This is the awesome God who created heaven and earth. Fortunately many workers don't speak on Genesis because they don't understand it. And hey, even the most imaginative workers would have trouble convincing us that: Adam and Eve professed, went to meetings with workers and that Eve wore her hair in a bun, and went to conventions, lol.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
In the first three verses of Genesis you have the Father, the Spirit of God, and the Word of God (The Father speaking). The apostle John explains this in John 1:1-4
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Do you see how Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh? Jesus Christ, the Word of God, made heaven and earth.
Faith in God -> Salvation
Perhaps teenagers would like to read about a man in Israel who had great faith? This is found in Matthew 8. This man's faith relates directly to Genesis and creation and God's power just by speaking:
Mat 8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, and saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
This man believed in the power of the Word of God. He must have read Genesis where God created heaven and earth with his word - by speaking it and it became so. The power of God to create in you a clean heart, make you pure and full of the love of God is there. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. If you need help, simply ask God to just speak his Word and help you. Need more faith in God? Just ask God to increase your faith. Need more wisdom? Just ask of God. God created heaven and earth by his word. Since God can create all things, nothing is impossible for Him.
God's Will for Your Life
The Bible is clear. God's will is clear. By reading the Bible, the word of God, you can come to know God and be saved. Even now, God is calling you out of the cult and into a walk with Him. Consider God speaking to Abram, calling him out of his own land:
The Call of God
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee.
So, in the same way, God is calling you, as he called me, to enter into His promises.
Abram obeyed God.
Gen 12:4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
Look at the faith of Abram. Better yet, read about the faith of Abram as described by the apostles.
Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
Believing God, Living by Faith
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Do you see that faith is trusting in the promises in God? Abram was a man of faith. Abram was called a friend of God.
Take a step of faith and read the book of Genesis and see the story of the salvation of Abraham and how his seed was a blessing to the world.
Raised in the 2x2 Religion
Just because you are raised going to the workers' meetings doesn't mean you know everything you should know about the 2x2 religion. Here are some things that I think are important and that I wish I would have known as a child.
Teens and Overseers
As a teenager you should know that "the older brothers" run the 2x2 religion and make the rules. They place overseers over states and countries. The workers are to gather money each year in the field they are told by the overseer to work in. At the time of their home convention workers are to bring all the money they've collected through the year and give it to the person in charge of the convention.
Workers are assigned in pairs (2x2) to your field. Please be aware that there are many homosexual workers. The overseers know about this but still place homosexuals together. And to think! these men or women want to stay in your homes even as they practice homosexuality.
Since the workers don't know God and have rejected God, God has given them up to uncleanness, see:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
As a teenager in this world, you've probably seen and heard more about the subject than myself. The reason I warn you about this is because the overseers and workers have covered up the molesting of teenagers and even children for years. Just because your parents and or others may idolize the workers, you don't have to. And you need to be aware of these problems in the 2x2 religion. Overseers don't run background checks on the workers they hire. Workers have sexually molested kids. Just because someone is a "worker" and may be idolized by your parents, don't trust them. Besides telling lies and deceiving people about God, I think sexual abuse is the biggest problem with overseers and workers.
Preventing Sexual Abuse by Overseers and Workers
This applies to young women as well as to young men. Prepare yourself, that if you are ever approached in an unwanted way, to loudly and firmly rebuke the worker. Here are some things that are commonly known:
- Don't let a worker into your bedroom. There is no excuse for them in your bedroom
- If a worker wants to live in your house, have your parents lend them THEIR room. If they want the workers in their home, let them "sacrifice" their own room if they think it is such a blessing.
- Don't be home alone with a worker of the same sex or opposite sex. Homosexuals are attracted to people of the same sex.
- Don't go for a walk alone with a worker
- If forced to go to convention, don't sleep alone. A tent with a friend and a knife is best.
- See if you can stay at a friends house while the workers are over. Tell your parents that you don't want the workers in your room. Take all your underwear and personal belongings with you, especially your diary. Lock the door to your room if you can.
Overseers forbid workers to marry and most workers don't have a gift of being celibate. As such, when they desire to sexually gratify themselves they turn to pornography on the INTERNET, sleep with professing men and women who go to meetings and sometimes they even molest kids or seduce kids. Many teenagers have parents who have had affairs with workers. While this may not be your experience, it has been the experience of far too many. When I was in the work, my own companion was having an affair with a professing married woman. And after putting up this website and being contacted by some of the friends, I learned it was not this worker's first time. Even the overseer at the time Howard Mooney tolerated these affairs. Some claim that affairs "help" a worker stay in the work! However, overseers have a financial motive for not putting these workers out of the work because the workers collect money for them when they stay in your homes, and collect money from professing people through handshakes at meetings and the biggest way is collecting money from people who leave their estates to them..and at the end of each year, the workers hand this over to the overseer's money collector at the workers "home" convention. How many teenagers are taught about this?
You may think that if you a a young boy, that being around a male worker would be safe. This isn't always the case. Some workers are gay or lesbian. Also, some workers just prefer to sexually abuse kids (see Ira Hobbs) either little boys or girls. To be safe, refuse to be around workers period. Until the workers can be honest about their religion, they should not be trusted.
Parents and Workers Deceiving You
Overseers, workers and professing parents withhold information from kids. They do this because they want the kids to keep going to meetings and profess. They think they are doing it for the sake of the kingdom. But it is selfish and cruel. Kids need to know. And if you haven't been molested by a worker yet, that doesn't mean you should mistreat or deny that other kids have. Just think if you were molested by a worker and nobody believe you? How would you feel? How would you feel getting up each day, having to live with this memory, and have other people not believe you? Would that not make you feel sad and horribly alone? If I knew what the workers and overseers were up to, I don't think I ever would have professed or become a worker myself.
Teens and Children,Should Not be Alone with Overseers or Workers
Workers have molested kids. The overseers move workers around that molest kids. And if you tell your folks, they may not believe you because your folks (if they are 2x2s) may worship the workers. So, keep away from the workers. They lie about how their group got started and you cannot trust liars.
When overseers enlist workers, they don't do background checks on them for criminal activity. The former Texas overseer Ira Hobbs, had molested young kids himself. So if the overseer who enlists workers molests kids, than why would anyone trust anyone they enlist? Better safe than sorry.
Unbelief - Workers, Parents, Authorities
Sometimes workers, parents, and sometimes even the authorities will refuse to believe a person would molest a child. Not only have kids in the 2x2 religion been disbelieved by professing parents, but also this has happened in other religious groups. This is terribly hard on kids.
Workers Trying to Touch You
If workers try to touch you sexually tell them loudly to stop it, then immediately run from them and tell your parents. If they try to touch you in unusual or suspicious ways, report it to your parents. If they don't take you seriously, then pray to God to find someone to report it to. Workers are able to get away with molesting kids because kids are afraid to tell their parents, because parents are uncomfortable with it, parents are afraid to get kicked out of meetings or they are embarrassed or don't know how to deal with the situation. Please read what one man wrote me about George Scandalis in 1973. George Scandalis was finally convicted years later for a sexual crime against a young boy. If you don't report sexual abuse of workers or meeting elders, then dozens of people may suffer.
Back in '73 Geo. Scandalis visited & did wierd touching to me then & heard him preach here. - sent to me through 2x2ministry.org website in 2012
In the Hillsboro, OR area, a worker named Curtis Jacobsen pled guilty to sex acts with a minor in 1997. This affected his brothers and sisters, Craig Jacobsen and Debbie Jacobsen who were also workers at that time. My point is that there are many cases of child sexual abuse and your parents probably don't know about them either because it is kept hidden by the workers. How many times have you ever heard workers preach against sex crimes by workers against kids? Do you think they ever would? I don't. The workers are not "above" doing these things and are very likely to get away with things if you don't report it. Overseers just move them to another field and you may never hear about kids they've abused in other fields if they keep quiet too. After years of moving them around, dozens of kids are affected and their lives messed with, and finally the sexual abuser is so bold that he gets caught. But in the mean time, there are a lot of suffering kids.
Children, Obey Your Parents
Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Col 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
If your parents lie to you, then pray for them. If they allow the workers into your home, then ask them to make sure that the workers don't stay in your room?
If the parents want the workers in their homes:
- Why don't they give up their own rooms for the workers?
- Insist on background checks for workers before they are allowed around kids.
- Insist on the workers living in their own homes
- Get a written statement from the overseer that this worker has had a background check and has not molested kids in other fields before
Is it too much to ask for these things? Why wouldn't parents want to do these things to keep their children safe? What does it say about parents who won't do these things?
If you've ever seen lions stalking their prey, they like to creep up close first. In the same way, workers who molest kids do the same things. Here's what they do:
- Get you to trust them. Never trust a worker because they lie to kids about God and their founder William Irvine. The Bible says liars go to hell.
- They make you feel special. They may flatter you or complement you to make you like them. Words are cheap. They may do this to many kids. They may praise you.
- They want to get you alone. If you are alone with them, then other people cannot see what they are doing to you
- They may scare you into doing things for them. They may tell you that you are going to hell if you don't make them happy. After they have molested kids, they have told them that they will go to hell if they tell their parents etc
- They want to touch you. Don't be alone with a worker and don't let them touch you. Don't shake hands with them.
- They want to be near you. They want to physically close. Workers may start this by standing right beside you , brushing against you and acting like it is "no big deal". Walk away from them. If there is enough distance between you and them, they cannot touch you.
- If a worker tries to get near you, get you alone or to touch you, yell for him to get away from you. Run away. Here's what the Bible says:
2Ti_2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
Learn the Gospel Yourself
I made the horrible mistake of trusting the workers to tell me the true gospel of Jesus Christ. This mistake made my life miserable, so please learn the gospel yourself, read John 1, the first part and go over it with your parents.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
How to Be Born Again
- You are born again by receiving Jesus Christ. That's right, Jesus Christ. Being born again means you will be taken to heaven when you die. That's important. If you never receive Jesus Christ, you will go to hell. And that would be horrible.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth
on him shall not be ashamed.
You don't have to do any works to be saved, nor do you have to be baptized to be saved. It's about believing in God from your heart. You cannot just say you believe in God, you must believe in God from your heart. Read this story about a man who was saved by Jesus right before he died. He confessed his sin out loud, confessed Jesus was innocent and asked Jesus to save him.
Luk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
- God hates sin. Since we all have sinned, we need to repent. I did. Pray something to the effect of this, out loud, "Heavenly Father, I repent of my sins and ask Jesus Christ into my life. Please make me your child, in Jesus name I pray." I know you may be confused. I was too. I found out that the workers had deceived me for over 30 years. I was shocked. I thought by professing, that I would be saved. But that is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches faith and belief with your heart. I trust the Bible now and not the workers who deceived me when I was a child. When I professed through the workers, I received an evil spirit in me.
When you are born again, you may or may not feel anything, but you will be a child of God. You need to feed your spirit (the spirit that has just been born in you) by reading the Bible. I recommend you read John 1 over again so that you understand it. Pray to God for understanding so you can withstand the persecution. How to pray? Just ask God to: instruct you through the Bible, feed you and help you praise his name. God loves children and teenagers so much. If people offend teenagers and children, it makes God very angry. see Matthew 18:6
- Keep his commandments through the power of God given to you when you are born again
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Anyone who tells you not to observe the things Jesus commanded us is not of God.
Definition: To make you adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.
The radical part of beliefs is obvious: workers don't dare document their beliefs and the "friends" are afraid to talk about them. It's radical for workers to sell everything and give it to the overseers. It's radical for workers to live in other people's homes and refuse to get a job. The systematic part of brainwashing is done through meetings and the monologues in meetings where you are not welcome to ask questions. Some may say that the workers don't use forcible pressure, but I know from being a worker that the power of the seducing spirits in meetings are stronger than any physical force that could be exerted on a person's body.
Dealing with False Apostles and Workers of Iniquity
Satan is tricky. He tries to appear as a good guy or woman. Read about Satan in Paul's letter to the believers in Corinth:
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Just like white collar criminals, workers of the 2x2 religion can be sneaky and entice you into joining their 2x2 religion.
Protect Yourself Against Deception
Read the Bible so you won't be deceived by lies about God. View the pages under 2x2 Beliefs.
Read 1st John (the first letter of John), all 5 chapters. John is so helpful in telling us who the liars are: the people who claim to know God, but don't keep God's commandments and/or don't love their brother. This first letter of John is excellent for helping children spot liars.
Dealing with Workers Who Want to Live With You
Talk with your parents about this. Many children suffer from the same problem. Ask your parents questions. They may not have thought about these things and hopefully your questions call help them.
- How do your parents think the overseer of Texas, Ira Hobbs, was able to get away with molesting girls for years? Ask them.
- Do your parents love you or the workers more?
- Is it idolatry to love workers more than your own kids?
- Is it sin to believe workers above the Bible/ God's word?
- Has the overseer molested kids?
- Has the overseer done a background check on all the workers in their staff before hiring them?
- Does the overseer and workers in the state pay taxes or are they guilty of income tax fraud?
- How well do your parents know the workers?
- Have your parents asked them about their sex life because workers claim to be celibate?
- Do your parents really think the workers would tell them if they were gay or lesbians?
- Ask your parents to ask the workers what their views are on homosexuals.
- If your parents are afraid to ask or answer these questions, then tell you parents that you are uncomfortable with them in the house.
- If your parents insist of having the workers over, then pray to the Father that he will change their hearts
FYI: In all states that I know of, it is not illegal to be gay or lesbian. Nor do I believe it is a crime to ask if someone is gay or lesbian.
- Do the workers sleep in the same room?
- Do your 2x2 parents allow or encourage this?
- Are the workers staying in your room? That's creepy! Why don't your "professing" parents offer the workers their room instead of yours? Why should you have to give up your room as a child to someone else to promote a cult? That is so against the Bible it makes me upset.
- How many religions invite two guys or two women over to sleep in the same room in their house?
- How many religions require their preachers to not be married?
- If a 2x2 was gay or lesbian, would not the work be an ideal place for them?
How to Bring Workers to the Lord
- If you have to go to meetings (your professing parents make you), then write down questions like "How do I become born again?" on a piece of paper. Mail it to the workers and ask them to read the question and answer it in meeting.
- Publicity. If the workers aren't lying, then why are they afraid if people find out about them? Tell your neighbors about the 2x2 religion and give them the name of this website. If the workers are embarrassed about what they teach and are honest, then they will repent and turn to Christ.
- Write workers how you became saved by receiving Jesus. Hopefully if they read it then they will see that they have been deceived by Satan too and turn to Jesus.
Only God can save workers. We can witness to workers, but only God can save them. If we witness to them and pray for them, we have done our part.
How to Lead your 2x2 Parents to the Lord
Kids, it's tough having "professing" parents. Many of them won't reason because they may be proud. But know this, the truth spoke by a youngster has a way of hitting home with parents.
If you talk with your parents about something and they don't listen, then pray to God to find a good friend in the community who is a Christian and keep you away from evil people. You need someone to be able to talk to if your folks or workers molest you or do something bad to you. You can witness to people, but only God can save them. We need to tell the truth. God uses this to convict people of sin if they are willing.
- Get saved yourself (read above)
- Read the Bible and pray everyday.
- Memorize the Ten Commandments
- Ask God to find fellowship and good Christians in your neighborhood and fellowship with them
- Calmly ask your parents questions. If they get angry or upset, then slow down with questions. Maybe space them out every day or two or three or four.. You get the idea. Eventually you may be able to win your parents to the Lord.
- Obey your parents through the power of God. This is Gods' will
- Honor your parents ( Fifth Commandment)
- Read the Bible and compare those to the 2x2 Beliefs so they cannot trick you so easily
- Have patience and pray for your parents that they will repent and receive and believe in Jesus Christ too..
Mean Older Folks
If you have to go to meetings, then love the mean, older folks who give you disapproving stares at meetings. Jesus teaches us to love our enemies. Many older folks are die-hard 2x2s and love to hate people who don't love their cult. Ask them questions to lead them to the Lord. Here's some questions you can ask:
- Have you met William Irvine? (If they get angry, then they must have something to hide)
- Do you know who William Irvine is? (If they don't, tell them. )
- Ask them if they have been baptized with the Holy Spirit. If not, ask them how long they have been "professing." Ask them why they think that God has not put his seal of approval on them by baptizing them in the Spirit.
- Ask them if they know the gospel. If they don't, read them John 1. Show them in the Bible where it teaches how to be born again of the Holy Spirit.
- If they say they know the gospel, ask them to tell it to you. If they feed you some line about professing, then ask them where in the Bible Jesus said you need to "profess". (Profess means to declare allegiance to. They don't confess Jesus with their mouth when they profess in meetings). When people profess in meetings, they are declaring their allegiance to the 2x2 workers' way. God wants people to receive Jesus, to be born again of the Holy Spirit, obey him and be baptized in the Holy Spirit by Jesus Christ.
Overseers and Workers Use Fear to Control You
Children are made to fear overseers and workers. Many 2x2 parents love their cult more than their children and the children feel this. Read what one woman wrote about her feelings as a child around the overseer:
You have no idea how much i would love to destroy this cancer,.... im one of the lucky ones... my guts told me right from a small girl to steer clear of this pathetic piece of work.. and because he creeped me out so much, it made life very uncomfortable with him living in the home and me in trouble for not liking him around. That alone was enough to have an effect on my life, because i was the TROUBLED child, and nobody listened to me, but in saying that, its hard for a child to verbalise this situation, because he never actually got to me. (sexually).. thank the Lord for instinct!!!. I can only imagine how these other girls feel he did get to.... and i also understand HOW HARD is would be for them to come forward and speak out, because no matter what.. at the end of the day, they will be shunned or judged, looked upon differently and this group doesnt want ripples in their world.... sheena66 May 2011
Almost Helpless to Leave
Children have to live with professing parents if they are too young to move out. They don't have an option of leaving. They have to see and hear the lies of the cult and try to make sense of the contradictions. Many children become confused about God and either hate meetings and the cult and God, or they profess and become confused about who God really is and what he is like. So be sure to read your Bible and pray to God everyday so they cannot turn you away from him.
Suffering from Parent's Sins
Parents and workers know that sin can be "fun" and it's easy to get drawn into it. It's not a laughing matter and it needs to be taken seriously. If you have any family members that try to get you to do immoral things, then contact your Christian friend(s) and the authorities. The iniquities (grossly immoral acts; sins) of the parents are visited on children. You need God to protect you.
Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Stress of Being a 2x2 Child
Being a child in a family with a 2x2 cult member is very stressful and damaging. Children are heavily affected when raised in a 2x2 oriented family. Workers put stress on parents whose children are not "professing". The parents feel this stress and put stress on you, the children to "profess". The children want the affection and approval of the parents, and so they often either "profess" or they "rebel". There typically isn't much middle ground. If they want you to profess, ask them if they are forcing you too. They don't have a right to force you to profess. Receiving Jesus saves you and that is enough.
Being raised in this religious way brought me embarrassment. When I would talk with neighbors and school kids, I didn't know what to say except, "We don't have a name. We don't believe in: church buildings or tvs". My mother told me later to tell people that we were a "non-denominational Christian group" or something like that. I didn't even know what that meant. As a result, I felt ashamed of my religion. I was self-righteous because I was "professing" and believed my Christian neighbor friends were going to hell. What an awful feeling for a kid to go through. I hope that no mother would want their children to be embarrassed about their beliefs. Please educate your children with the true gospel of Jesus Christ. If you don't understand the gospel, please pray to God and seek counsel with Christians. Don't let the overseers and workers lie to you.
Children have peer pressure too. There are many things that they can and cannot do. Many are not allowed to participate in sports or extracurricular activities if it "interferes" with the cult's SUN and WED "meetings". Whether they can participate or not varies with which workers are in their field. Some workers hate schools and activities and use the occasion to display their power and control over 2x2 families. If the parents don't obey the workers, then they are "frowned on".
Children, you need good, solid friends. Do a project like a family tree. Find out who your relatives are. Make a list of their names, addresses and phone numbers for emergencies. Talk to your grandparents about their experiences. If something happens to you in the cult, you will need a listening ear. Keep them up-to-date with what is going on in your life so they can recognize any sudden changes in your life which can indicate something seriously wrong. Pray to God, asking him to protect you and show himself to you. Receive Jesus Christ into your life so that the Holy Spirit can guide you.
Learn what basic words in the Bible mean. Write a paper about Jesus Christ. Find out what he taught. Try to memorize the four gospels if you can. Know something significant about each chapter in the Bible.
When you have large decisions (and even small), pray to God for help, get counsel from good friends about what to do. Having friends to talk to helps keep you from getting drawn into a cult.
When other people make statements, then they are responsible to support them. If people tell you lies, ask them questions to prove their point. If they say that their religious group was "started on the shores of Galilee", then ask them questions like:
- What group are you talking about?
- Who is part of that group?
- When you say "started" what do you mean? Founded?
- What part of the shore of Galilee are you talking about?
- Why does it matter if it was started on the shore or on a boat?
- Why don't you think it was started in Bethlehem where Jesus was born?
Cults prey on kids because kids like adults tend to forget things. Kids, write down your questions and then write down their answers. If they don't want their answers recorded, then you know they have something to hide. If you don't know how to write yet, ask someone to help you. If the workers won't help you document their beliefs, then you should be extremely suspicious.
Guilt Trips - Getting People to Become Workers
Kids, the workers may try putting guilt trips on you. Teaching through hymns that if you don't lay down your life for others (become a worker) then you are selfish and keeping things back from people. It is not true. Workers deceive people and I don't believe they are good people. Becoming a worker will not cause you to feel peace in your heart. Only the love of God can satisfy you. I have been a worker before and it destroyed me. It has taken years of learning about God and the power of God to get my life back in order.
Teenagers - Home|
Workers in Homes
2x2 Kids Suicide
Pressure to Profess
2x2s in School
Repenting and Believing
Stay at Home
Proving They Lie
Christians Dating 2x2s
Believers Not Yoke
Help 2x2 Child
Faith in Religion