Help to Exit Cult
Help for People Exiting the 2x2 Cult
- God loves you.
- God knows everything and it's all important to Him. He even knows the number of hairs on your head!
- God wants to have an eternal relationship with you.
- Recognize that you have sinned and your soul must be atoned for.
- Believe that God is. Believe that God is good and merciful
- Believe that God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him.
- Believe that it is God that delivered you out of bondage.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Jesus Christ is Emanual, "God with us"
- Jesus Christ is your Saviour, the one who atoned for your soul and ransomed you.
- Accept the Lord. Without Jesus Christ, you have nothing anyway. If you leave a cult and go to hell anyway, what have you gained?
- Seek the LORD your God with all your heart, soul mind and strength.
- Study the Bible and pray earnestly to receive Jesus Christ into your heart and understand Him so that you will not wither from persecution.
- Obey the New Testament, the will of Jesus Christ. Let God write his perfect, holy law on your heart and convert your soul.
- Walk in the counsel of God and be obedient to all the teachings of Jesus Christ so that it will be well with your soul
- Pray three times per day (or more) and humble yourself before God.
- Ask of the LORD God and he will help you
- Seek after the LORD God and you will find
- Knock and it will be opened to you
- Pray that God will send people into your life that you can fellowship with..
- Don't fear men. Fear God instead who can destroy your soul.
Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
- Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour
Luk 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: but he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
- God can help you to avoid unnecessary harassment and abuse, but all who accept him will suffer persecution.
- Count your blessings and be thankful for what others cannot take from you.
- God is doing good and the devil and his followers are doing evil.
- Don't join another denomination/split or division of Christianity.
- Know that when you believe in the LORD God , that Jesus Christ himself adds YOU to HIS church
2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
- Help other people by speaking truth and pointing them to Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour
A Good Exit Strategy:
- Read the Bible to learn the gospel
Act 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed. And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here. Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house. And when it was day, the magistrates sent the serjeants, saying, Let those men go. And the keeper of the prison told this saying to Paul, The magistrates have sent to let you go: now therefore depart, and go in peace.
2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
- Get educated so you can understand better what is going on. Read your Bible
- Make a list of reasons why you want to leave the cult.
- Cross off the list unhealthy reasons to leave. You'll need reasons that stick. Not like "They're hypocrites." A lot of people are. You need a solid reason like: "They don't believe in Jesus Christ. If you believe Jesus Christ is God, they believe you are of the devil."
- Make a list of all reasons as to why you would want to stay. Think about them.
- Cross off the list of reasons why you would want to stay if they are not healthy wholesome reasons. Like "If I leave then all my family will speak badly about me."
- Find some people that you trust that are outside the cult and talk about these things with them. You need friends and good counsel. Many who leave cults go "off the deep end" as they explore their limits. Don't. Read and reread the ten commandments. The New Testament is our covenant with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said the New Testament/Covenant is in his blood. He said if we don't eat his flesh and drink his blood (new Testament in his blood) then we have no part in him.
- Read what to expect on leaving so you are knowledgeable about what may happen to you when you leave the cult people's abusive relationships
- Write an exit letter to explain to people in the cult why you are leaving. This will be a witness to them and perhaps some soul will read your letter and be convicted of sin and want to know the Lord Jesus Christ also. It will also tell them clearly why you left so that the workers and friends will have trouble lying about why you really left.
Exiting - Home|
How to Heal
The Secret Sect
How to Help
Help to Exit
Expect on Leaving
One Way Out
One of You