Marks of a Cult
Marks of a cult:
- Lots of attention in the beginning and seeming "love" (called by some "love-bombing")
- They "love" newcomers more than their own family. Your conversion is very important to them to be "happy".
- Secretive about their beliefs
- They categorize people by whether someone is in or not in the group
- They may bombard you with lots of information and scripture so fast and not let you have adequate time to think about it.
- They avoid your questions and distract your with new thoughts.
- The group wants to take up a lot of your thoughts and time
- There is strong pressure to attend their meetings or services
- They want to be your friend immediately
- Lots of peer group pressure to conform
- Tell you not to be judgmental (they judge you for judging them - hypocrisy)
- Pressure to attend services and functions
- More intense brainwashing techniques
- They don't tell you their full beliefs, just hint at them and teach through behavior
- Their appears strong conformity within the group to a certain appearance
- Loss of identity in the cult.
- Life focus is on the group. They talk about it alot.
- Lots of praise of cult leaders.
- They use your fear of rejection to get you to conform
- They want you to silence all your doubts and believe them without proper investigation
- They discourage reasonable investigation
- They avoid questions about the group and try to distract you
- They make rules for you that they don't follow
- They use psychological conversion
- They do a lot of preaching - monologue with no opportunity for questions. Lots of stories, lots of truth, subtle lies spoken kindly
Signs you have joined a cult
- Things that use to be very important to you no longer are. Change happened quickly.
- Major personality changes
- Lack of love for family members
- Major changes in lifestyle
- Making big decisions quickly without enough time and consultation
- Giving everything to a group: money, house etc
Recruitment - Home|
Why people become 2x2s
Poor Me Conspiracy
People Susceptible to Cults
Signs of Followers
Marks of Cult
Insinuation or Revelation
Teaching through behavior
Marks of Cult Meetings
Love of lie
Waking Up Late
Deception of Unrighteousness
Persistence of thought
Twice the Child
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. - Jesus Christ speaking to Saul, see Act 26:18, see Salvation through Jesus Christ.|