Kept From You
Many people leaving the 2x2s are sad to learn how they've been lied to by the overseers and workers for all those years they have spent going to their meetings. They are shocked most by:
- From all the incidents I've heard, 100% of the overseers and over 50% of workers and elders have committed or been involved in one or more of the following:
- adultery with workers
- adultery with "the friends"
- child sexual abuse of children
- homosexual activities
- cover-up of these activities.
Overseers are greatly aware of these problems because the workers are required to report everything to them. And even if the workers didn't, there are a lot of elders who tell the overseers things. And even if the elders didn't, just think of all the gossips in a field.
The great extent of these activities is barely covered in a workers letter trying to get things changed. See what a worker wrote about it: Graham Thompson Letter
Galations 5:19+ Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Sin is the breaking of God's commandments. Sin is not displeasing a worker. Disobeying Jesus Christ is sin
1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
- Jesus Christ is to be worshiped. Refusing to worship Jesus Christ is sin. The disciples of Jesus Christ worshiped Jesus Christ. It amazes me how many of the 2x2s even in their last years have never even heard of this.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
- Overseers and workers believe that people who know about the workers and their meetings but don't go to meetings are going to hell. Workers also teach that Christians (who do put faith in God) will go to hell if they reject the workers and their meetings. Many 2x2s don't realize that the Bible teaches that they are liars if they hate those who worship Jesus Christ.
1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
The Bible never teaches that someone who fellowships with others in a church building is going to hell. This is never even taught as a sin in the Bible. Overseers have trust funds and trusts which own convention grounds. Inadvertently by their own man-made rules, they are teaching they are hell-bound then also.
- Jesus Christ is "the way". An organization or assembly of people are not the way. So many 2x2s refer to themselves as "the Way". They insinuate they are an equal replacement with Jesus Christ. This is blasphemy. Jesus Christ is the way, not a group of people.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Some 2x2s say "The way is perfect, but the people are not.", thus disproving their own lies when they claim their organization is "the way" or "the truth".
- The New Testament is God's commandments written on our hearts. Few 2x2s know this. While 2x2s claim they are not under the old testament, few (if any) 2x2s can even recite or summarize the new testament or it's law - the ten commandments from heart. 2x2s don't even try keep the commandments of God. Many even believe (because a worker told them) that Sunday is the sabbath. No overseers or workers or elders that I have ever found even try to keep all ten commandments to honor Jesus Christ's will.
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people...
- Not keeping the commandments of God will send you to hell.
1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Loving the workers MORE THAN your spouse, children or anyone else is idolatry. Some 2x2s call it "worker worship" or "putting the workers on a pedestal." The Bible calls it idolatry.
Idolatry is loving others more than yourself and/or more than God. The scripture teaches in the old and new testament that we should love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. The Bible teaches in the old and new testament that we are to love our neighbor AS ourself (not more than ourself, not more than others)
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
I have heard and others have heard of people at conventions teaching that, ~ "loving the workers more than your children shows how much you love God." And it is amazing how many in ignorance say "amen" to this idolatry.
The workers do not rebuke the individuals for teaching this, which shows their consent. Idolizing the workers is actually a sign that you don't love God and have rejected His commandments regarding idolatry.
- Jesus Christ and his 12 apostles used and taught baptism as a sign of belief. They never practiced or taught the 2x2 custom of "professing" in a meeting as is the teaching of the overseers and workers. The ritual ceremony of "professing" in the 2x2 religion is never taught in the Bible.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- As a worker, I was taught that Sunday morning meetings are the New Testament version of the passover. However, the passover as commanded by God is kept with unleavened bread. The children of Israel left Egypt in haste, so their bread was not leavened. Leaven represents sin. And 2x2s purposely USE leavened bread in their Sunday morning meeting ceremony. The passover of God is to be kept on the evening of the 14th day of Abib. It was not kept every Sunday.
The reason why people are so surprised to learn these things is that they have been in meetings. Only the things that workers want taught are preached in meetings.
Even when people read their Bible, they are still confused. Because many have the words of the workers from all those meetings floating around in their head as they try to understand the Bible. I had to leave meetings and start reading my Bible fervently to get all that worker junk out of my head and let the word of God into my heart.
If you don't want to be surprised by your eternal destiny, then read the Bible and learn for yourself what is the perfect will of God. I think you will be amazed at how much "religion" is just man-made ideas and is not found anywhere in the scriptures.
Who are 2x2s|
Recent 2x2 News
False Prophets - 2x2s
The Con Man
The Perfect Church
Meetings in Homes
2x2 and Outsider Letter
William Irvine 2x2 Founder
Roman Catholic Church
Kept From You
Are 2x2s Christians?
Why This Website
Who Is Going to Hell
From 2x2 to Jesus Christ
Blessings after Faith
2x2s in News
Don't Go to Meetings
Please Talk to me
The Narrow Way
Ever wonder about